Cumberland 6” Quietizer Pelletizer repair work
After a request from one of our customers we have repaired a Cumberland 6 inch machine, the machine had broken universal joints and a damaged gear box this machine has been fixed to the customers requirements. A Full refurbishment was not required the customer just wanted the machine to be repaired to a good working condition.
Work carried out
- Remove 16 rotor bolt on blades, re-sharpen blades and re-assemble, set working clearance to bed knife.
- Remove all material contacting parts and deep clean.
- Re-spray the chambers non-contacting parts.
- Clean brass links pins.
- Remove upper feed roll, strip and recover roller with Hypalon.
- Reset upper feed roll nip distance to grip 3mm strand.
- Manufacture of new stainless steel bearing spacers on upper feed roll shaft.
- Remove feed roll bearings and replace with new.
- Strip down fabricated gear box, remove bearings, shafts and gears.
- Remove old grease from gear box.
- Manufacture new gear box drive shafts.
- Supply of new universal joints and stub shafts to allow easy removal in future.
- Fitting of new gear box bearings and circlips.
- Rebuild gear box with new drive shafts and pack with new high temperature grease
- Existing gears refitted after inspection.
- Fit new timing belt.
If you have any machines that require a repair or a full refurbishment please get in touch we can fix any make or model.